If you have been to a store in the last month, you have seen first hand how the shelves are overflowing with chocolates and stuffed animals. While these have long-been the staple for February 14, we all know they are in no way original. This year, why not think outside of the box and do something that is not only unique, but also spontaneously romantic? Take a look at these 10 tips on how to surprise your Valentine with a romantic getaway you know they deserve.
- Make A Reservation: Try to book your stay right away! Planning ahead not only helps relieve the stress of planning but also gives you the ability to choose your favorite room.
Cherish The Little Things: Romance does not always mean expensive or extravagant. Some of the most romantic things are free. Plan some time to go outside and stargaze, have wine by a fire and laugh at each other’s jokes.
- Tell Each Other Secrets: It is easy to forget how important quality time really is. Take some time to really talk to each other. You never know, you might learn something new about the other person (yes, even after 10 years of being together).
- Unplug From Technology: With the everyday hustle and bustle it is easy to be consumed by technology. We may be physically in the room, but with our phone in our hand are we really present? Unplug and you will be happy you did.
- Make Them A Relaxing Bath: Relaxation is key and our jacuzzi rooms are the perfect oasis for just that!Grab some flameless candles and bubble bath from the store before you check-in. Place the flameless candles around the jacuzzi tub and fill the tub with warm bubbly water.
- Set The Mood: Create a playlist of songs that reminds you of your time together.
- Renew Your Vows / Elope: What better time to profess your love than Valentine’s Day? Love is in the air this time of year and the Hacienda Vargas historic chapel is a fairytale come true!
- Take A Romantic Drive: New Mexico is home to the most breathtaking views in the southwest. Spark up your getaway with a romantic drive to Santa Fe or Jemez.
- Watch A Classic New Mexico Sunset: Carve some time in your schedule to sit out and enjoy the one-of-a-kind New Mexico sunset! You and your Valentine will watch as a watercolor scene illuminates the sky. Beachside sunsets have nothing on the view we get in the Land of Enchantment!
- Sleep In/Dine In: As adults we seem to always be on the go. This take some time to soak it all in. Set the alarm for a little later and grab some extra beauty sleep. Wake up to homemade pancakes, hash browns, bacon, fresh baked pastries, fresh fruit, juice and coffee all provided by the innkeepers of our historical B&B.
Check out our Valentine’s Day Specials online.